Kat Von D 'Lock It' Foundation | First Impression

17:00

Kat Von D 'Lock It' Foundation - £28 from Debenhams
                                                                
$35 from KatVonDBeauty
Hello everyone! Man, it feels like ages since I last done a product review. The product I want to talk about is Kat Von D's 'Lock It' Foundation (*insert heart face emoji here*).
I was going to save this product for my usual 'favourites of the month' post, but I felt that it deserved its own spotlight first (because I am so in love with it!!) I'll give you a quick insight about how this love story began; I kept looking at this foundation online and searching for product reviews until one day I decided to go into Debenhams to purchase it, and my goodness am I glad I did!
Now I have always been used to buying high street foundations that have all been less than £10, so paying £28 for this was a big difference for me! I've found that certain products have felt too 'cakey' or too runny that they didn't really give me the full coverage that I wanted. Before I bought the Lock It foundation, I looked online for the shades and honestly went into the store thinking I was going to come out with either shade 41 Neutral or 42 Neutral as they were the lightest shades (and I've always gone for the lightest); what I actually got was 44 Cool! I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to ask someone to test the shades on your face before buying, especially as it was £28. I had 3 shades tested on my face to compare; one was too pale, the other too orange, and the third/final one was a perfect match.
When it comes to application, the foundation does exactly what it says, it's full coverage! (Bye bye redness/imperfections!) Also, a bonus is that I didn't have to use a lot of product. I am used to pumping the product 3 or 4 times to actually give me a full coverage, but with this it only takes 2 pumps. I feel that with this, the colour, the coverage, and the fact that it is cruelty-free, makes it well worth the money I paid for it! This is definitely going to be my favourite foundation for a long time guys (and I maaaay purchase something else by her too, shh).

Have you tried this product? What do you think of it?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oooohhh interesting! I've wanted to try this foundation for ages, I always hear good things about it. I'm soooooo glad that Kat Von D beauty is now easily accessible in the UK!

    whatevawears.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I definitely recommend it, I think this is going to me my 'go to' foundation for a while! Same, but I wish it was in all Debenhams stores! x

      Delete