Vegan Victoria Sponge

17:00

As it was so fun baking the other week, and my lemon cake actually turned out to be a success, I made a vegan victoria sponge! Searching the internet once again for easy vegan recipes, I found this one on Tesco Real Food so all credit goes to them!

This one included more ingredients than the first so took a bit more time to make.

For the cake:
400g of Self-Raising Flour
1 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
250g of Caster Sugar
115ml of Sunflower Oil
400ml of Soya Milk
1tsp Vanilla Extract
Strawberry Jam
Strawberries
For the buttercream:
200g of Vitolite
175g of Icing Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract

To make the cake mixture, I got out my biiiig mixing bowl to pour in all the dry ingredients (flour, bicarb of soda, caster sugar). Then I added the wet ingredients (sunflower oil, vanilla extract, soya milk) before mixing everything together until it's creamy. I poured these into the two round cake tins which have been greased and have grease-proof paper inside, then baked for 45 minutes.

Whilst this was cooling down I mixed the butter cream with the dairy-free spread, icing sugar, and vanilla extract and let cool in the fridge for half an hour.

Turning one of the cakes upside down on a cake plate, I spread the jam (adding more and more each time so it was even). On the bottom of the other cake slice, I added the buttercream and merged both of the cakes together. On the top I spread more butter cream before adding chopped strawberries, and then we were done!

The overall result: it was a lovely tasting cake, however I would have left the buttercream mixture in the fridge a bit longer to firm up and I should have made less as there was a lot leftover.

Any ideas of what I should make next??

You Might Also Like

0 comments