How To Save Money

08:00

Saving money always seems like an impossible task when you've got food to buy, or bills coming out of your ears. I like to believe that the older I have got, the better I am at managing my money (especially when saving for a home).

If you're stuck thinking of ideas on how to save money, here's a list of things that I found helped me.

1: Don't Always Buy Branded Products
 Some of the deals on branded items in supermarkets may seem like a bargain, but if you go to the main aisle of the product you want, you'll see a wide range of options. Recently I bought a 500g bottle of own-brand tomato pasta sauce for 55p which is just as tasty as other sauces (and you can make a few meals with it!)

2: Use Coupons
Whether it's a coupon in a magazine or one that a company have sent you, use it if it helps you out! All of these money off vouchers add up to help you save money.

3: No Unnecessary  Spending
This is quite an obvious one really; if you don't buy things you don't need, you'll have more money! Before handing over that cash, ask yourself 'do I really need this?'

4: Sell Unwanted Things
Instead of throwing things that could be of value, try selling them. Some good sites I've used are eBay for clothes or Cex for electronics. 

5: Open A Second Bank Account
Look for accounts with high interest, this way you'll get more for your money at the end of the year. Decide how much you want to save each month and transfer to the second account (and watch your money grow!)

6: Know Your Outgoings
I have to know where my money is going down to the last penny. Usually, after I get paid I deduct my bills so I know how much money I am left with.


Have you got any ways of saving money?

You Might Also Like

0 comments