Barry M Gelly 'Hi Shine' | First Impression

08:00

Before a couple of weeks ago, I had never worn gel nail varnish - I had acrylics years ago, but now we've moved on and gels are more popular. So, after chips just days after painting my nails, and constant recommendations from the ladies at work I decided to give gel nail varnish a go. (I bought a product off the high street because I wanted to see if it was just as good!)

I decided to go for bunny-friendly brand Barry M, Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener and this gorgeous pink colour called Rose Hip. I bought these in Boots where they were on offer 2 for £6.

To make sure my nails were ready for the colour, I put on two layers of the all-in-one nail paint, making sure they were completely dry before moving onto the gel colour. I usually find by doing this it helps to keep the colour on longer.
After I let the basecoat dry, I put on two more layers of the gel nail paint just so I had a nice even colour and that it didn't give that 'see-through' look. The only downside I found with using this product was that it took a while to dry, which isn't good if you're in a rush! Though it may be down to the fact you don't have to use lamps in this process (which is handy if, like me, you don't want to fork out for one).

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome as the colour was beautiful and it definitely lasted longer that my other nail varnishes - apart from some chips I've just noticed whilst typing this. I will definitely try this product again, just to see if I can do anything differently to help them last longer (like putting another layer of topcoat).

Have you used this product before? If so, what were your thoughts?

You Might Also Like

0 comments