24 Things I've Learnt In 24 Years

08:00

Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog! I've decided to create a new account because I wasn't happy with my old one, and as it's my birthday today this is the perfect time to do so!

So, as I turn 24 today, here's 24 Things I've Learnt In 24 Years



1: Saving money is important
You never know what you're going to need to spend your money on!

2: You know who your real friends are
At school, I thought the people I hung around with would be my friends forever. Instead I'm happy with my few close friends.

3: Be money-smart
Before I turned 20, I was never smart with money so my wages would go quickly. (And I regret this).

4: Time is a great healer
I've been through heartbreak, and I know it's a cliche but it's true that time is a great healer.

5: Don't rush growing up
I used to think that being 18 would be fantastic because I was an adult, but it's better to make the most the time you have leading up to it.

6: Don't shave if you don't want to
I used to get bullied at 15 for not shaving my legs and felt like I needed to otherwise I wasn't normal. I still do shave, but if I can't be bothered I won't.

7: Years get faster
If you're still in school, or under 18 you're probably thinking 'naaa, years are going so slowly!' but as soon as you hit the big 1 8 the faster the years go.

8: Spend time with your family
The older you get, the older they get too. Time is precious.

9: Listen to advice
It may help, even if it's something you don't want to hear.

10: But don't let people control your life
You're in control of your own life.

11: Anxiety is a part of my life
I never knew how to explain it before, but now I feel like I know how to be in control.

12: Confidence will grow
I used to be shy as anything when I was younger, and I feel like I've come out of my shell a bit.

13: Get a job early if you can
I got a paper round when I was 15 which helped me get a retail job two years later, before getting my full-time job now.

14: Being an adult is tiring
Working full-time requires a nap when I get home.

15: Food is expensive
You don't realise how much food is when you're young, so now I go for supermarket branded things.

16: Tattoos are addictive 
I used to hate tattoos when I was 18, but just before I turned 20 I started getting tattooed (and now I have goodness knows how many).
   
17: School years were the best
It's true when people say school years are the best in your life; all you need to do is your homework, see your friends, and chill at the weekend.

18: It doesn't matter what people think
I used to think that what bullies said was true and I had to please them, but looking back I shouldn't have cared. 

19: It's okay to have a bit of fat
Right now I would describe myself as 'skinny fat', but back when I was 16-21 I was anorexic and never happy with my body. 

20: Clubbing is overrated
It might have been okay when I was younger, but nothing beats having a night in. 

21: Going vegetarian was the best thing I've done
My only regret is not doing it sooner! 

22: Don't explain yourself to anyone
(Unless it's your boss) you don't have to explain why you don't want to go out, or why you don't do something; it's your life. 

23:  Be open-minded
You'll be happier, and get on with more people. 

24: You don't have to have things figured out  
Other people may have a house, or a baby, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in time. 

That was a hard list to come up with!


You Might Also Like

0 comments